Thursday, July 24, 2008

Spencer's Birthday

Spencer turned 8 years old today. I can't believe how fast time goes by. 8 years ago this morning he joined our family. He came in at 4 lbs 8oz and 17 inches long.

Spencer picked out his favorite breakfast for this morning. It happens to be buttermilk pancakes...made by dad. I must admit the last part of that sentence hurts a little bit. But I am so glad that Tom was able to be home with us today to spend the day with Spencer.

The next activity was swimming at Draper Park. There are better pictures I could have used but I thought this one would be fun for Spencer to look back at in years to come. So he could remember what the Draper pool was like when he was 8.


Spencer is a huge Star Wars Lego fan. He has the games on his Sony Play Station and has a Star Wars shirt to wear each day of the week. His favorite gifts were a couple of new Star Wars T-shirts and some Star Wars Lego toys. He is excited to get building.

This evening we went to Murray park to have cake and ice cream with family and friends. His favorite cousin from Arizona (Anna) was able to be there. He was really excited about that. His best friends Gavin and Oat were able to be there as well. Uncle Joe, Aunt Joy, Kelly, Natalie, Abby and Bailey were there. Uncle Matt, Aunt Heidi and Jarom. Uncle Nathan and Oat. Uncle Tim, Auntie Ruth, Andrew, Kayla, Anna and Trevor. We had a great time.

Spencer I think the most precious point for me today was when you told me you are so glad you turned 8 so you can be baptized. I love you little buddy!! XO XO XXX OOO!!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Kim,
Thanks for your comment on my blog. I am so thrilled that you shared Barry's message with your family. I love the thought that his message was shared within the walls of your home. Not just any home, but one I have so many great Taiwan memories with.

PS. Your boys seem like real charmers... LOVE them!

Gregory and Tracey Butters said...

Kim:
I cannot figure out how to email you directly so I have opted to contact you this way. I enjoyed getting your comment on my blog and it is always fun to have a blast from the past. I am glad to hear things are going well for you and your family. I have not returned to Qingdao since 1994 and my husband tells me not to for fear the changes will make me sad. Yes, we are still in China. It is officially home to us. Please send along an email where we can talk at length. My oldest son, Harrison, is currently enjoying his first solo trip to America for part of his summer and you being in Draper makes me jealous. I miss him terribly but at 12 years old it is good to have these kinds of experiences. Thanks again for the note.

Sincerely, Tracey
chinatracey@gmail.com