Monday, May 19, 2008

Little Sahara.....Scout Campout!!

This last weekend Tanner had a scout campout at Little Sahara. He forgot to take his signed permission slip. Tom and Spencer ran to the church to give the scout master the permission slip. He said, “Hey Spencer, would you like to come too?” Spencer said, “Yes!!!” Tom was shocked. Spencer said, “Please Dad…oh please Dad!!” Brother Oulerking said, “I have plenty of gear, and lots of food.” Tom agreed!!! I was a little upset. Come on this is my baby and he isn’t even a cub scout yet. I worried and worried all night long. The boys did not get home until 1PM the following afternoon.

Spencer did fine. The pictures prove it. However, we have agreed (Tom and I), that there will be no more scout campouts unless Tom goes with or until Spencer is 12.

Spencer is the first one in the photo and Tanner is the second one!! They had a blast. However, all their laundry were full of sand!! I am glad they had such a good time.

Look at Spencer's Smile. He can't wait to be a grown up (12 year old) scout!!



2 comments:

The Ross Family said...

Looks fun. What a concerned and caring mother you are. Just remember, you would of gone in a second had that of been you. So can't believe I've missed all these posts. They are awesome.

Ruth said...

Going camping there when I was a youth was one of my fav's!! We always had it in our hair and when we were done taking a shower there was a thick film of sand in the bath bottom!