Monday, November 17, 2008

Shoes and Jr. Jazz Basketball

Shoes!!! Some how its not so fun for me to buy shoes when they are not for me. This year both boys have gone through so many shoes. My boys have funny feet. They are square. I call them "Flintstone Feet". Because they are so square they don't grow in length as fast as normal feet. These cute, funny little Flintstone feet usually stay in one size shoe for an entire school year plus the summer after. Not this year!! Tanner has gone through 2 sizes of shoes. His new basketball shoes killed me! He now wears a bigger size than Tom. He is even an inch taller than Tom now. Now that is not hard to imagine (per Tom), but I didn't expect it to happen all of a sudden like.

Tanner is playing Jr. Jazz. He loves basketball. He is also trying out for the jr. high team. In his mind if he can play Jr. Jazz, for Channing Hall and church ball he will be in heaven. It is fun to watch him play. He is a sweet kid. So if he fouls some one he apologizes with a smile and asks if they are okay. Funny kid.



I didn't take very many pictures at his "practice game". I will get more as the season moves along.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Kim, looks like Tanner is getting really mature. I am happy that things are going well!

The Van V's said...

You are so funny about shoes, it was nice of you to buy some for Tanner Man. Please let us know when Tanner plays we would love to come watch.

Tara said...

So cute! We are just gearing up for the same stuff! I haven't purchased the shoes yet though...
Tara

Kim H. said...

Yeah, I found your blog! I know what you mean about shoes, just be glad you don't have a girl, then when they out grow you have to buy the sunday shoes, and the mary janes, and the sneakers, and...you get the point:)