Sunday, August 18, 2013

Elder Martin - August 14, 2013
We are now the parents of a missionary! What? Really? Where did all of the time go? It seems like it was just yesterday that I was holding the sweetest, little, chubby baby in my arms. Wow, he has grown up so much.

I am so happy with him for his decision to serve a full-time mission. I have struggled with him leaving. I tried to figure out why. I believe it is because I realized that the day we dropped him off at the MTC is the day that my experiencing mothering this boy is over. When he returns, I will be the mother of a man.

His brother is going to miss him a ton. We all will. But when you only have two children, when one is gone, there is a huge difference in the dynamics of our home. 
Last hug good-bye
 Tanner woke up with a smile on his face and smiled all of the way to the MTC. He was totally excited for this new adventure. We look forward to hearing about his many treasured and memorable experiences in store. I love you Elder Martin!


No comments: