Sunday, September 23, 2012

Good friends, good times!

Atalie, me, Jamie, Jennifer & Lara
I grew up in the small town of Price, UT. I moved to Price from Orem when I was 14. It was a difficult adjustment for me. I felt like the rug had been pulled out from beneath me and that I would never fit in. I prayed that I would find good friends and that I would one day fit in. My prayers were answered. I was accepted into a group of friends that I stayed close to from 9th grade on into our college years. I loved these friends dearly. I still do. I knew I was blessed because of their influence on me. I hoped that I was being a good influence on them as well. In April I was able have a small reunion with these special ladies. Wendy wasn't able to make it because of a previous engagement. I sure hope she can make it to the next gathering. As we talked through the night and shared our personal adventures with one another I was overwhelmed with joy and happiness as I learned that each one of us still had testimonies of our Savior Jesus Christ and that we are all active in the Church. I was able to have a better understanding and appreciation for what Alma and the sons of Mosiah must have experienced when they reunited. Alma 17:2 - "Now these sons of Mosiah were with Alma at the time the angel first appeared unto him; therefore Alma did rejoice exceedingly to see his brethren; and what added more to his joy, they were still his brethren in the Lord; yea, and they had waxed strong in the knowledge of the truth; for they were men of a sound understanding and they had searched the scriptures diligently, that they might know the word of God."

No comments: