Friday, September 5, 2008

Working Mom



Now that my boys have gone back to school and left me home alone during the day I have decided to go back to work. I have been blessed with a wonderful opportunity to be an enrollment councilor for Grand Canyon University. I am impressed with everything this school offers. I am excited to be part of it. This also allows me to FINALLY finish my B.S. degree and get an MBA. I am totally stoked about this opportunity.

Tom and the boys are totally supportive of this. Tom has been so helpful in getting me out the door in the mornings and the boys off to school. Tom, Tanner and I have managed to fit in jogging in the morning before work and school. It has been awesome.

It does make things busy. When I get home I have to fix dinner, help with home work and keep the laundry moving. I do my best to keep the boys on their sleep schedule. Spencer has cub scouts on Thursdays and a special reading group right after. Tanner has scouts or YM's on Tuesday evenings and Chinese class on Thursday evenings. Basketball starts up in October for both boys. So we keep busy and understand now more than ever the importance of a weekly calendar meeting to go over everyone's schedule.

I am so excited for this opportunity. I feel like it is an opportunity to make myself a better person and by doing so maybe helping others grow and develop their strengths.

4 comments:

The Van V's said...

Kim, Such exciting news congrats!!! I know how much you wanted this one....

Rachel

The Johnson's said...

Awesome that you get to do this. Grand Canyon is a good school. The hospital I work for has a partnership with Grand Canyon so I'll get my BSN from there. Then we'll have something else in common... we'll both have degrees from the same school! Woo Hoo!!!

Tara said...

Working - Awesome! Sometimes I can't wait for that day and other days I hope it never comes! I just locked my blog up - slight scare, so if you want access send me your e-mail at tbutler35@hotmail.com
Tara

Grow Family said...

Kim this is awesome. Congrats! You'll have to keep me posted on your progress.